Session 3 Alternative Fuels Overview
View the video and presentations from the MIAL & LNG-MFI Alternative Fuels Overview webinar, presented by Douglas Raitt.
Douglas Raitt, Global Fuel Oil Bunker Analysis and Advisory Service (FOBAS) Manager, Lloyd’s Register
18 Aug 2020 - 3pm AEST, 1pm AWST
Since the beginning of the maritime industry, there have been one means of power, and over the centuries, there have been three transitions, from sail to coal to fuel oil. The drive of today’s transition is to reduce GHG emissions. It is unlikely that the result of this transition will not be one dominate source of power. There are several alternatives in development that have different advantages and disadvantages. This webinar will provide an updated look at these fuels.
- Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series
- Session 1 IMO Update - The Shipping emissions reduction ambition
- Session 2 Life Cycle Analysis 101 Presentations and Video
- Session 3 Alternative Fuels Overview
- Session 4 - Methanol as marine fuel – access, opex and your bottom line
- Session 5 - LNG - Towards Decarbonisation
- Session 6 - Ammonia A Zero-Emission Solution for Shipping
- Register for MIAL Events & Courses
- Future Leaders Program
- Industry Events