The maritime sector contributed over $20 billion to the Australian economy
The Australian Shipowners Association (ASA) engaged PricewaterhouseCoopers Australia (PwC) to assess the shipping industry’s contribution to the Australian economy and the potential economic impacts of tax policy changes.
The report has been prepared based on data sourced from publicly available information and based on modelling assumptions which are detailed in Appendices and throughout this report. The policy case in this report has been advised by the ASA. The economic impacts of the policy case include both a computable general equilibrium (CGE) model estimate and the potential economic benefits based on an increase in shipping activity from overseas policy experiences.
- Submissions / Reports
- Industry Links
- Media Releases
- MIAL 05-16 The revolution is here Australia embraces LNG as marine fuel
- Maritime industry welcomes new Turnbull Ministry
- Australia poised to become a player in LNG fuelled vessels
- Maritime industry says the Australian shipping sector will disappear without legislative and taxation changes
- Photo Competition finalists
- The maritime sector contributed over $20 billion to the Australian economy
- Onward and upward in the Cruise Industry
- Increased limits of liability for maritime claims
- Video: School Kids Talk About Ships of the Future
- MIAL Media Release 07 16 It is agreed